Exciting actions coming soon… Join Us!
Today, when you buy health insurance, you’re making a bet that doesn’t pay off. And it’s not just a bet with money, it’s a bet with your life. In response to this broken system, Strike Debt’s Rolling Jubilee initiative has taken action: we have purchased and abolished $1 Million of medical debt.
These actions are part of a week of actions all around the country declaring a Healthcare Emergency: It’s a Matter of “Life or Debt”.
Call to action: http://strikedebt.org/lifeordebt
Hashtags for the action: #lifeordebt #M23 #strikedebt
If you won’t be in New York, join us in bringing this action everywhere! Already, actions are planned in California, Maryland, Colorado, Vermont and Minnesota. Wherever you are,
· Support a struggling community hospital
· Protest a private insurance company
· Protest a pharmaceutical company
· Do a creative direct action!
· Organize a healthcare or debt speak out
· Organize a free health screening or health fair
· Organize free legal advice and debt/financial guidance
· Provide free education about debt and/or healthcare