As the Supreme Court debates the constitutionality of Affordable Care Act, join us for a public speak-out about the advantages of Medicare-for-All, an unquestionably better and constitutional way to solve our healthcare crisis.
Where: Union Square (the 14th St steps)
When: Wednesday March 28th at 10AM
Our goal is not to address the constitutionality of the individual mandate or the other aspects of the ACA, but to inform the public that an unquestionably constitutional and unquestionably better option exists: Medicare-for-All (aka Single-Payer).
This coming week, the Supreme Court will hear arguments on the constitutionality of the individual mandate portion of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), or “Obamacare,” in late March. Even with the mandate, the ACA:
- Leaves at least 27 million people uninsured
- Leads to millions more under-insured
- Allows medical bills to put more people into bankruptcy (already the leading cause)
- Fails to reduce healthcare costs
- Forces consumers to bail out the multimillion dollar for-profit insurance industry (which has already spent millions successfully lobbying Congress to weaken many of the most vital patient protection aspects of the law)
Since the ACA is clearly a flawed law, let’s focus on expanding and improving what we already know works: Medicare.
This event is planned in solidarity with Heathcare-Now! NYC.