Protest against Pfizer’s profiteering and support for ALEC
- Wednesday, February 29, 9:30 AM
- Assemble at 42nd Street & 1st Avenue (Robert Moses Playground)
In fighting corporate greed and corruption, Occupy nationwide is holding actions on Wednesday February 29 to raise awareness about the destructive political activities of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) and the corporations, Pfizer among them, that run it.
The two main targets in New York City are Bank of America and Pfizer, and Healthcare for the 99% is leading a protest at Pfizer, which sits on ALEC’s Board, to highlight how its business practices as well as its role in ALEC reveal excessive corporate greed at the expense of human needs.
Details for the Day’s Events:
- 9:30-10:00 AM: Meet up at 1st Avenue and 42nd Street (Robert Moses Playground at the north side Tudor City);
- 10:00-11:00 AM: March to and protest (moving picket) outside Pfizer at 235 East 42nd Street between 2nd-3rd Ave;
- 11:00-12:00 PM: March to Bryant Park, join other feeder marches, staging for…
- 12:00-?: Step-off for roving actions at Bank of America branches and ending at BOA Tower.
For more on NYC OWS F29
For more on ALEC
For more on nationwide F29 Action.